Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Next New

I've had an idea for awhile now that I wanted to implement as a new media. It's an app that collaborates with the existing maps app, Waze and allows you to find food/hotels/things to do along the way of your road trip. There were so many times I tried looking for things that were along the same route I was on and for something to give me suggestions on things to do in the area as passed by. Eventually, I would find somewhere to eat or pull over, but it would be after endless scrolling and web searching. It's been a hassle and super stressful to find somewhere along the way and every time I thought I found somewhere, it would be another 20 minutes after exiting the highway. I thought it'd be efficient to combine Yelp, Waze, and TripAdvisor into one to make it more convenient while on the road.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to all the time that is wasted looking for somewhere to eat after going to the movies or simply visiting places around the city. By combining these apps and determining your trip beforehand, you could get a lot more done in a fraction of the time. I would love to have access to a centralized app like this, but I would also admit to using it occasionally; I do enjoy the spontaneous experience sometimes. Very cool idea, nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea and it would become a very popular app. A lot of people rely on a navigation app in today's society to get around and something like this would be very beneficial for travelers. A business like Google can definitely integrate this into their Google Maps app. Since they already have the location of pretty much every business, they can definitely turn this idea into reality.

    ReplyDelete